GROVE CITY – To help local residents complete applications for the 2017 Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program, Rep. Tedd Nesbit (R-Mercer/Butler) announced that his office will hold a series of clinics around the 8th District during the month of March.
“About this time of year, private companies will begin to solicit senior citizens and other eligible individuals and offer their help,” Nesbit said. “However, my staff can help fill out the paperwork at no charge. This is just one of the many services we offer, and we’re happy to help fill out the applications and answer whatever questions applicants may have.”
Eligible participants can receive a rebate of up to $650 based on their rent or property taxes paid in 2017. The program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with disabilities. The maximum eligibility for homeowners is $35,000 and for renters is $15,000. Only 50 percent of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income and Railroad Retirement Tier 1 benefits is calculated for total eligible income.
There is no need to register in advance for these clinics. Applicants should be prepared to provide all the necessary income, property tax or rental information required to process claims quickly and accurately. Applications are due by June 30.
The clinics are scheduled as follows from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the respective municipal building:
• Marion Township – Thursday, March 1, 2275 West Sunbury Road, Suite B, Boyers.
• Clay Township – Tuesday, March 6, 1115 Euclid School Road, Butler.
• Worth Township – Tuesday, March 13, 811 W. Park Road, Slippery Rock.
• Franklin Township – Wednesday, March 14, 191 Election House Road, Prospect.
• Center Township – Thursday, March 15, 150 Henricks Road, Butler.
• Sandy Lake Township – Monday, March 12, 3086 Sandy-Lake Grove City Road, Sandy Lake.
• Fairview Township – Monday, March 19, 1578 N. Perry Highway, Fredonia.
• Mercer Borough – Tuesday, March 20, 145 N. Pitt St., Mercer.
For those who cannot make the clinics, help is available any time at his Grove City district office. He asks that people stopping by the district office call ahead to make an appointment at (724) 458-4911.
For additional information or downloadable applications, contact Nesbit’s office, or visit his website at RepNesbit.com
The Property Tax/Rent Rebate program is one of many initiatives supported by the Pennsylvania Lottery.